Thursday, March 1, 2012

My Horror Story About Free AutoResponders

Several months ago I wanted to use an autoresponder to capture visitors to a site I was building. I was thinking maybe I'll just use a free autoresponder and save a few bucks. Well, one that I tried had additional code that I couldn't remove from my form. That made it difficult to customize it to fit on the page the way I wanted. There wasn't much support, I was told to go to a forum and search for answers there, that really didn't help.

The next one I tried seemed to work alright...in the beginning. About a week later I noticed that the code on the website for the capture form wasn't working. Then when I tried to login to my autoresponder account the entire site was gone! It was like it was never there! Needless to say I don't use them anymore either.

With my current autoreponder service I don't have to worry about that type of instability. They've been around since 2000 and  have been effective in maintining high deliverability rates at an affordable flat monthly rate.

I'm not saying that all free autoresponder services are bad, but I personally don't have the time or patience to hope my service doesn't stop working or disappear. After all that can cost you not only time, but money as well. And that's REALLY scary!

Feel free to vent about your free autoresponder frustrations if you wish. Just keep it clean, folks! :o)

Sondra Carpenter
UnlimitedAutoRespondersNow.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment